Monday 2 September 2013

Minecraft here we come!

In a discussion three months ago a colleague asked, "What do you know about Minecraft?" At that time all I knew was what I had heard and seen my 10 year old son and his cousins doing over the past 12 months, as they engaged in creating, collaborating, and communicating with each other and within each other's Minecraft worlds.

Until that time it hadn't crossed my mind that it could be used in the classroom but the more I thought about what I saw my son doing the more I was convinced to explore this further.

The best advice I received was to join the Virtual Learning Network.
I hadn't thought Minecraft could be meaningfully used in the classroom but now I realise how worthwhile it is to implement this in the classroom and join our children in the frenzied world of Minecraft.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea why room3 started to play mindcraft -Riley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will appear when our teacher has checked it.